There is no one size fits all description of our awesome Float Family. This list attempt to compile the variety of people who float at our Float Club on a regular basis.
- Athletes: Whether you use the float room to help you recover or to visualize your next game, race or event floating is powerful tool for any athlete. Have you been watching ESPN lately? Floating has been making headlines in the Sports World as the Golden State Warriors, the Ohio State Buckeyes and the New England Patriots all have been using Floatation Therapy to recover.
The good news is you don't have to be an "elite athlete" to reap the benefits of floatation therapy. Weekend warriors, daily gym rats, road runners and cross fitters all get tremendous benefits by adding regular float sessions to their recovery routine.
Stephen Curry and Harrison Barnes use Floatation Therapy
- Baristas, Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, Police Officers, Teachers Waitresses: Spend all day on your feet? Floating is great way for you to get away from all the stresses of the outside world and gravity.
- Chronic Pain Sufferers: We had no idea how many people suffer with chronic pain until we opened Anicca Float Club. Floating has a way of attenuating pain in the body. The combination of the magnesium the body absorbs and the deeply meditative state you are able to achieve while floating offer our float family tremendous relief. Here is a great article from Psychology Today on how mindfulness meditation is proven to reduce pain at a neurobiological level.
- Pregnant Women: Ok - so there are no pregnant men! Pregnancy is a great time to float. The water is the temperature of your skin so it is safe for you and baby during the 2nd and 3rd trimester and can help with the inflammation and aches associated with being pregnant. Here is a nice blog post from The Float Center on Floating during pregnancy.
- "Roganites": Anicca Float Club would not be here if it were not for Joe Rogan as we learned about floating from the Joe Rogan Podcast. Rogan has used a float tank for years to help him develop his mind, heal his body and explore his own consciousness.
ANYONE WITH STRESS! : So this is the general catch all for most people who use Floatation Therapy. Who doesn't have stress?! Work, family, bills, traffic the list of things that cause stress is endless. The list of effective healthy ways to manage stress is different for everyone, but floating is universally effective! Why?! Because all or our brains need quiet meditation time to be truly healthy!
In the clip below Lauretta Young discusses the "Healthy Mind Platter" where "Down- Time" and "Time -In" are critical to our brain health. Start watching at 19:33 for this explanation.
Finally, sensory deprivation tanks lower the stress hormone cortisol. Cortisol is public health enemy number one. Scientists have known for years that elevated cortisol levels interfere with learning and memory, lower immune function and bone density, increase weight gain, blood pressure, heart disease and the list goes on and on.
The world around us never stops, there is constant barrage of stress hitting us at all times. Sensory deprivation or as it should be called SENSORY ENHANCEMENT, gives you a brief but powerful respite from it all. It is highly efficient relaxation for the busy world in which we live. It is a reminder that we can just be present with our breath and our thoughts and that is ENOUGH.
Images courtesy of Everydayplus, Serge Bertasius Photography, stock images, Sura Nualpradid from freedigitalphotos.net
-Lindsay Reinhardt, Anicca Float Club, Inc., 2016 ©